Thursday, March 25, 2010

ICT and Teaching: Where I want to be in a year.

I suppose I should start with where I am now. I use the data projector for power points and videos and I use the intranet to put documents and other things up for students to download. I try to include ICT in student activities - junior students hand in at least one assessment via powerpoint and senior students use photostory when analysing one of the texts. I have had students blogging and I want to do more of that.

In a year's time, I want to have incorporated some mobile technology into my teaching - I really want to find a use for all those cell phones! I also want to make the intranet material more interactive. I think they are achievable goals.

3 comments:

  1. dave.... i am moved to tears by what was quite literally the most moving and inspirational blogging tutorial. YOU are my favourite! no longer will i be lost in the black hole which was the inernet... YOU are the guiding light in my online life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now VERY emotional.... I blogged, posted and it DID NOT work!! I now have to battle the tears and re-type what was an emotional and thought provoking blog. Your presentation was gripping and opened me up to a whole new view on life in general. I now want to resign from teaching and become a full time blogger to become 'connected' with so many other life changing individuals. You are my favorite teacher. My life has been turned upside down and i am now struggling to type through the deep and unrestricted emotion i am feeling. My hands are trembling. Did i mention you are my favorite teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nathan and Allan. I, too, am very emotional. Having people as cultured and sensitive as you in my workshop is such a special privilege that I feel deeply moved. I may be your favourite teacher, but, rest assured, you are my favourite pupils, even when you don't shave, Nathan and even when you wear that girly necklace, Allan.

    ReplyDelete